Fred’s Walk is a 10km guided tour of Fred Victor’s sites and a glimpse into the causes and effects of homelessness and poverty. Because of the ongoing pandemic our walk on June 4, 2021 will once again be virtual.
Teams and individuals sign up, fundraise, tune-in and learn. They challenge old ideas and notions and see first-hand how together we can make a difference. It all starts with a desire to make our city better for everyone. We have to recognize the barriers of systemic inequities and then work to remove them.
1. Form a Team or Join as an individual!
2. Register! Sign up here: http://bit.ly/joinfredswalk2021
3. Walk! If you are able, pick a week before June 4th and commit to walking and logging your distance. Log your total kilometres walked (here) before our virtual walk on June 4th. How many KM will your team walk? We will share the total KM that Fred’s Walkers registered with us live at Fred’s Walk 2021 and award a prize to the team that walks the most KM!
4. Fundraise! Set a goal and find fun and creative ways to raise money. We’ll give you ideas, access to an online fundraising page, and help along the way! We ask for a minimum of $150 raised per person.
5. On June 4th, join us online and take a virtual walk! You will go on a journey from site to site and learn about poverty and homelessness and what Fred Victor is doing in response. You will see how the funds you raise positively impact Fred Victor’s programs and services.
6. Celebrate! At the end of our virtual walk we will be celebrating with awards, prizes, and more!
The OUTFRONT team has been involved with Fred’s Walk for four years now. It’s created a great focus for team building efforts as we utilize a variety of events to raise funds for our team. These include parking spot auctions, potluck lunches, bake sales, and this year we’re doing an April Stepping Challenge. Fred’s Walk is a great way to come together as a team, learn about the great work Fred Victor is doing to try to end homelessness and connect with your team in a very worthwhile way. Join us!”
- Michele Erskine CEO OUTFRONT Canada
Are you a first time fundraiser, or even a returning Fred’s Walker looking for a few new ideas? Download the Fred’s Walk 2021 Fundraising Tool Kit for all kinds of tips! The toolkit is full of the info you’ll need to get started with your fundraising.
Don’t feel like reading? Join us for a zoom call on either Wednesday, April 7th or Monday, April 26th from 12pm-12:30pm where we will share everything you’ll need to know to get started with your fundraising.
Just email Carly (email@example.com) and let her know which date you would like to be registered for.